Last updated: June 19, 2021.
What Personal Information About Customers Does NonprofitComputers Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
You currently have the option of providing information about yourself and an organization of which you may represent. We may invite you to submit your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information in order to purchase products, participate in promotions or receive newsletters or other publications which are featured from time to time on our web sites or presented by other means. We may also collect personally identifiable response-related information from our interactions with you, including e-mail interactions. In order for us to maintain high levels of service, personally identifiable information that we collect may be shared with our affiliated companies and service providers in accordance with applicable law. In some cases we may also bring offers to your attention ourselves or in cooperation with reputable third parties. Finally, we may transfer information collected from you in connection with a sale of our business.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to NonprofitComputers. See below for examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of NonprofitComputers, including information about your interaction with content and services available through NonprofitComputers. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses NonprofitComputers and other content served by or on behalf of NonprofitComputers on other websites. See below for examples of what we collect.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily. See below for examples of what we collect.
For What Purposes Does NonprofitComputers Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests and to manage transactions. We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve NonprofitComputers. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of NonprofitComputers.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with NonprofitComputers.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to NonprofitComputers via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, NonprofitComputers , and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does NonprofitComputers Share Your Personal Information?
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Generally, except as indicated above, we will not disclose personally identifiable information that we collect through your use of NonprofitComputers to unaffiliated third parties. We reserve the right, however, to provide such information to our employees, contractors, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and designees to the extent necessary to enable them to perform certain services on our behalf. We also reserve the right to disclose such information to any third party if we believe that we are required to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal processes or governmental requests; (iii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the web site or our network; and/or (iv) to protect the rights, property, or safety of NonprofitComputers, its employees, the users of the web site, the public, or you.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We take security seriously and we take precautions to keep your personal information secure. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us, or information stored on our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances and legal provisions, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail.
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your NonprofitComputers account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: NonprofitComputers may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant NonprofitComputers ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history. In response to your reasonable request or where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information. We will make every effort to respond to your request in a timely manner.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please Contact Us.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the NonprofitComputers services.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please follow any unsubscribe/remove instructions in those emails or please Contact Us with your request.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. In response to your reasonable request or where the law requires us to do so, we will confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information. We will make every effort to respond to your request in a timely manner. If you wish to do any of these things, please Contact Us with your request.
Are Children Allowed to Use NonprofitComputers?
NonprofitComputers does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use NonprofitComputers only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use NonprofitComputers:
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use NonprofitComputers;
- provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us);
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire or support ticket;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate reviews;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- your email address;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- corporate and financial information;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- purchase history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
If you have any questions about our Privacy Policies, please Contact Us.
The Best Computers and the Best Personal Service. 5-Year Warranty and Support on EVERY system.
Save More on Bulk Orders. Get a Custom Quote Now.
Call us today
We're located in San Diego and have been online for 20 years. Our specialties are recertified high-quality corporate enterprise desktops and laptops with costs starting around $250.
Local YMCA receives grant to build computer-based classrooms for local schools closed due to COVID, and requests us to supply desktop computers for students.